RCD Medium 115mm is the most popular combination flap disc.
Use the… RCD medium on any stainless steel tubular tig weld operation to completely remove the tig weld and leave a perfect 240 grit satin finish in one action.
The RCD discs break all the traditional sanding rules.
– Feel free to dwell on the weld, you will have to work very hard to undercut the weld or flat spot the metal
– Sand so you create the sanding lines parallel with your tube (yes we know it feels weird at first) and then you want need to do another sanding process afterwards to change the direction of the sanding lines.
Used a sanding disc before the RCD?
– Use the RCD Medium to take out all the flat spots and damage you didn’t want to put in in the first place.
– The Medium RCD will remove all the damage and restore a perfect finish to your tube.
Want to go to a 320 grit finish?
– Just lick over the RCD Medium finish with the SAG 5 115mm disc
What to go to mirror polish?
Stage 1: Remove weld with the RCD Medium
Stage 2: Refine with the RCD very fine
Stage 3: Pre-polish with the SAG grade 5
Stage 4: Polish with the VAP Z felt disc and our PV/101 polish
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.